As an agent, being on the business side of things, sometimes you see a different perspective at events. For example – Winter Music Conference (WMC) is a weeklong electronic music conference, held every March, since the mid-1980s, in Miami Beach, Florida, United States. It is aimed at professionals such as artists, DJs, record label representatives (A&R), producers, promoters, radio and the media.
Artists love to come out here, play music and party. However, there is a lot of business that gets done here as well. Coupe tips to maximize your conference experience and get you on that business level to seize the day.
1. Cards – Bring business cards, in fact don’t just bring business cards, design cards that are memorable and stand out from the rest.
2. CDs – CDs are a great way to get your name out there – just make sure it has all of your contact information on it.
3. Stickers – Everyone is doing stickers, if you do it; make sure you do it tastefully.
4. Flyers – Hiring a street team for flyers is a great way to get info out about events, but there are over 400 events at the conference not including Ultra Music Festival, so remember, this is a saturated marketing tool.
5. Airplanes – This type of marketing can promote events or short line phrases in the sky. Effective to the eyes as the planes fly by the beach, but make sure your statement is bold and an attention grabber.
6. Network – The name of the game in this conference. Networking.
7. Be creative – Some of the most creative ideas I’ve seen are the Avicii Hotel or Avicii Store. Or one year Avicii did a campaign with ice cream cups that said I love Avicii and had girls passing them out all over. Pretty creative and a fun way to spread your brand in the sun!
Read more about Freddie and the rest of the team here on our Meet the Team page!