Internationally acclaimed DJ, producer, radio host, and label owner Darin Epsilon is often referred to as a leader of the Progressive & Tech House scene.
His Perspectives radio show and podcast, along with his frequent guest appearances on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio allow him to reach tens of thousands of listeners on a regular basis. His SoundCloud page alone has over 600,000 total plays and receives a whopping 10,000 plays per month. He launched his record label Perspectives Digital in November 2010 as an extension of the brand, further solidifying his influence and presence within the global dance community. To top it all, he was named one of the winners in John Digweed & Beatport’s DJ Competition during the summer of 2011.
As a gifted student of music from an early age, former record shop employee, and former director of a college radio station, Darin draws inspiration from his nearly encyclopedic knowledge and genuine appreciation of electronic music. He cites a variety of important influences in the past decade, from the early Leftfield and Future Sound of London albums, to the iconic Global Underground compilation series, to the sweeping sounds of Paul Oakenfold circa 1999, to Sasha & Digweed’s mind-blowing Delta Heavy tour in 2002.
To date, Darin has released music on many of the industry’s most respected labels including Renaissance, Sudbeat, Hope Recordings, Perfecto, Armada, and Black Hole. His productions have entered Beatport’s Top 100 charts numerous times and are featured in the compilations of Nick Warren, Markus Schulz, and Paul Oakenfold, among many others.
If you have ever been in the audience to catch one of his live sets, it becomes almost immediately apparent that he is proficiently skilled as a DJ as well. His frequent flyer miles seem almost continually on the rise with regular tours around the world. He has electrified audiences across the United States, as well as headlined shows in Argentina, Kenya, Russia, UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Bulgaria, Colombia, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica.
Over the years, he has shared the spotlight with many of dance music’s superstars including Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, John Digweed, Sasha, James Zabiela, Armin van Buuren, Above & Beyond, Markus Schulz, Ferry Corsten, BT, Sander Kleinenberg, Fedde Le Grand, John Graham (Quivver), Josh Gabriel (Gabriel & Dresden), Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West), Dirty South, Morgan Page, and countless others. He has also been invited to perform at North America’s biggest festivals including the White Wonderland, Nocturnal Wonderland, and the Ultra Music Festival.
However, it would be foolish to say that his achievements have been purely confined to the club setting. Global brands such as MTV, American DJ, American Audio, Elation Professional, and Global Truss have all called upon him to provide the soundtrack to their videos. His music can also be found in the films Ecstasy and Slip Cue, placing him in a small category of producers that have ever made it onto the big screen.
With hard work, passion, pure dedication to his art, and support from the industry’s most revered names, this Chicago native turned LA transplant aims to prove that this is only the beginning to a long and promising career.
Highlights From His Career:
- Signed to prestigious labels such as Renaissance, Hope Recordings, microCastle, Armada, Perfecto, Black Hole
- His productions have entered Beatport’s Top 100 charts numerous times and are featured in the compilations of Nick Warren, Markus Schulz, and Paul Oakenfold, among many others
- Named one of the winners in John Digweed, Bedrock & Beatport’s DJ Competition during the summer of 2011
- SoundCloud page has over 600,000 total plays and receives 10,000 plays per month
- Resident DJ for Exchange LA, which is hosted by North America’s biggest promoter, Insomniac Events
- His track ‘Detour on 44’ is ranked #57 in Beatport’s Best Tracks of 2011
- Headlined shows in United States, Argentina, Kenya, Russia, UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Bulgaria, Colombia, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica
- Shared the stage with Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, John Digweed, Sasha, James Zabiela, Armin van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Ferry Corsten, BT, Sander Kleinenberg, and many more
- Licensed his music to MTV, American DJ, and two films, placing him in a small category of producers that have ever made it onto the big screen
- Official Prog/Tech House reviewer for Tilllate Magazine (84,000+ subscribers)
A release by Darin Epsilon.